I know most bloggers do posts like this during their birthdays or anniversaries, so here’s a disclaimer: It’s not my birthday or blog anniversary or any special occasion. This is just me letting you into my world so you get to know a bit about the person behind the keyboard. That said, here are 12 things you probably didn’t know about me:
1. I’m the first child: Yep! I am the very first child of my parents. The Ada (first daughter) as my people call it, and I’ve got 5 amazing humans after me.
2. I used to dream of being the next Celine Dion: As a teenager, I was so sure that I was going to be the next Celine Dion. I practised really hard that year. Lol. Well, I guess God had other plans. This leads me to my next point.
3. I sing: Yes people! The girl can singggggggg!! Now, I’m not an expert or anything but I’ve got a pretty sonorous singing voice (and speaking voice too if I might add..😏😏).
4. I love rice: Gosh! Be it fried rice, jollof rice, white rice…any type of rice at all! I can eat rice all day, every day. My friends and siblings think I’m weird because of how much I love rice but then hey! Who wouldn’t love rice? It’s super easy and super quick to cook😁😁
5. I’ve always been a class topper: From my primary education down to university level, I was amongst the top students in my class. Yeah, you can call me an efiko *grabs nerd glasses* 😁😁
6. I have a past: I have a messy past, and I talk about my past sometimes in my posts. Thanks to God, my past does not and cannot define me. Rather than make me bitter, my past reminds me of the goodness and faithfulness of our God and how privileged I am to be a recipient of his unending grace.
7. I am constantly counting calories: *Covers face* Staying fit and healthy is important to me but I tend to overdo it sometimes. I check the calorie content of almost everything I eat because I’m scared of putting on excess weight.
8. I love my church: If you are close to me, you already know this. If you’re not, well, now you know. I absolutely love my church home, Celebration Church International, because being a part of it has positively impacted my life. All my closest pals are members of this church. For sermons by our lead Pastor, Pastor Emmanuel Iren, visit www.media.ccing.org. Thank me later 😁
9. I’m not big on make-up: I can’t make up to save my life (I mean serious, Youtube kind of makeup). I’ve tried to learn many times but it just hasn’t worked out. Maybe sometime in the future, I’d finally get a hang of it.
10. I love to be around lively people: I generally love to be around people who are full of life and happy-go-lucky. I’m naturally reserved so having people like that around brings out the fun side of me.
11. I love to smell nice to bed: I literally apply perfume every night before going to bed. It just has this soothing, calming effect on me. You should try it😀😀
12. I have a great sense of humour: I know how to make funny faces and mimic people. I know some people will find this absolutely hard to believe but it’s true . I’m not always ‘hard core’. You just need to be really close to me to see the crazy, fun side of me. I can be carefree and playful when I’m around people who are extremely close to me and are just as playful. Every other person only sees the ‘prim and proper’ side.
And that’s a wrap! There’s definitely a whole lot about me you don’t know but I guess these 12 will suffice for now. Is there anything else you’d like to know about me? Leave a comment and I’ll be more than happy to respond.
Thanks for reading!